In House Training
Our corporate in-house (on-site ) training is fully customized to your unique requirements, conducted exclusively for your organization, according to the schedule that is most convenient to you, at the venue of your choice – ideally in your own premises because most of our training involves on-site (Gemba) activities.
Our training is a combination of lectures, discussions, multimedia presentations, hands-on exercises, games, video sharing, learning points debriefs, and sharing and reflection.
Lean Six Sigma
Our training programs are categorized into the following categories, please visit the respective pages for more information:
- Lean Thinking Training
- Value Stream Mapping Training
- Lean Executive Training
- Lean Champion Training
- Lean Practitioner Certification Training
- Lean Expert Certification Training
- Lean Master Certification Training
- Lean for Service Training
- Lean for Office Training
- 5S Training
- Workplace Layout Training
- Poka Yoke Training
- TPM Training
- SMED Training
- Kanban Training
- Standardised Work Training
- TOC Training
- Lean Diagnostic
- Kaizen Event
- Six Sigma Awareness Training
- Six Sigma Executive Training
- Six Sigma Champion Training
- Six Sigma for Service Training
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Training
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Training
- DOE Training
- Basic Statistics Training
- Lean Six Sigma Awareness Training
- Lean Six Sigma Executive Training
- Lean Six Sigma Champion Training
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Training
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Training
- Lean Six Sigma for Service Training
- Kaizen Awareness Training
- Kaizen Strategy Training
- Kaizen Member Training
- Advanced Kaizen Training
- Kaizen Leader Training
- Kaizen Expert Training
- CI Awareness Training
- CI Champion Training
- CI Expert Training
- PDCA Training
- 7 QC Tools Training
- 8D Training
- SPC Training
- FMEA Training
- PFMEA Training
- DFMEA Training
- RCA Training
- FTA Training
- Customer Service Training – Emotional Intelligence for Customer Service Training
- Customer Service Course – Handling Difficult Customers Training
- Conflict Management Training – Managing Challenging Behaviours Training
- Motivational Training For Employees – Passion At Work Training
- Leadership Training
1. Why Is Training Important in Continuous Improvement Implementation?
Training is critical to the success of any corporation implementing Continuous Improvement. Relevant training provides employees with the required knowledge and skills to carry out their respective roles in the Continuous Improvement implementation journey.
While training involves some costs, the cost of not investing in training is often much higher than if proper training were given, and the benefits of proper training far outweigh the investment.
2. What are the benefits of Continuous Improvement Training?
Reduce opportunity cost – implementing Continuous Improvement without proper methodology, tools and techniques can be costly if critical process issues are not resolved effectively, and in a timely manner. Customers may switch suppliers, competitors may seize the opportunity to fill the gap created due to lapses in product or services quality.
Mindset tuning and alignment – fragmented training sessions in which small groups of employees are sent out to attend different public training is usually not as effective as well-planned, in-house training. A well-designed Continuous Improvement training will not only deliver the intended objectives of relevant knowledge and skills to the different levels but also help to tune the mindset and align training objectives to business objectives.
Team building – a well-designed and delivered training is also a great opportunity to do team building and bonding. During a typical Kaizen Event, the process of mapping an end-to-end value stream map, analyze process bottlenecks and issues, resolving recurring hick-ups, conflicts, and misunderstandings, designing future state value stream maps, agreeing on new standard operating procedures (SOPs) is, in fact, an impactful team-building exercise in disguise, and very often foster strong bond after the kaizen event.
Common language – Continuous Improvement methodologies, be it Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, has some technical jargons that the uninitiated will not understand. A well-designed and delivered Continuous Improvement programme will ensure new vocabularies become a common language. Such phrases like “the next tollgate meeting will focus on review & analysis of our current state and future state value stream maps, and to assess the feasibility of 5S, Visual Management, Poka Yoke, TPM, SMED and Kanban implementation in the coming Kaizen Event…” may sound very foreign to the uninitiated, but are very clear, specific and succinct common language within the company.
3. I have browsed through the courses above, but still cannot find the exact training course that my company is looking for, can you customize the course for us?
No problem at all, if you cannot find a course that you are looking for, just let us know your specific requirements and we will be pleased to design a course specifically for you.
4. How To Select the Best Training?
We recommend the following training pathway:
|TARGET AUDIENCE||RECOMMENDED TRAINING|
|Management||Focuses on Change Management, Leadership, Deployment, Reward and Recognition for successful Continuous Improvement Programme rollout.|
|Process Owners, Heads of Department, Project Leaders||Focuses on the detailed understanding and application of the Continuous Improvement methodology and tools, as well as actual project implementation.|
|Project Team Members||Focuses on the specific tools required to support Project Team Leaders.|
|All||Aims to create awareness on the pursuit of Continuous Improvement as a corporate culture and to provide an overall understanding of the concepts and methodology.|
5. Why Kaizen Consulting Group?
Our training is practical, fun, and transformational. It is conducted by very experienced Master Black Belt trainers and consultants with more than 20 years of hands-on and practical industrial/corporate experience.
Contact us now and our friendly customer service consultants will be in touch with you to design the best training and consulting solution that is tailored to your requirements.