Total Productive Maintenance Training
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), a key Lean tool, is an initiative for optimizing the effectiveness of equipment. TPM is team-based productive maintenance and requires active participation by everyone from production workers and maintenance personnel to engineering departments and top management.
TPM draws from the behavioral sciences as well as the traditional engineering disciplines in creating a manufacturing environment in which preventive maintenance activities are viewed as everyone’s responsibility. Operators no longer just operate and call the maintenance department when a breakdown occurs. They also autonomously perform certain routine preventive maintenance activities such as cleaning, inspection, lubrication, and running adjustments. Maintenance personnel are then free to employ their skills on higher level preventive maintenance activities and overhauls. Everyone views goals of zero breakdowns, maximizing productivity, and zero product defects as shared responsibilities.
Duration: 1 Day
Managers, Engineers, Supervisors and other operational personnel from production, manufacturing, engineering and maintenance.
The course will provide participants with a detailed understanding of TPM. Participants will also learn about the roles and responsibilities and importance of team involvement in TPM, how to develop a TPM implementation plan and the critical factors for a successful TPM programme.
- Introduction to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Proactive vs. Reactive Approach to Total Productive Maintenance
- The 8 Pillars of Total Productive Maintenance
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE ) and Loss Analysis
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Improvement Strategies
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Focused Improvement
- Planned Maintenance
- Early Equipment Management
- Education and Training
- Roles and Responsibilities and Team Involvement in TPM
- Developing an Implementation Strategy and Plan
- Critical Success Factors for TPM implementation
You may be interested to explore our full range of Lean Training programmes.