Lean Six Sigma Implementation Tips
Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma or Operational Excellence are powerful Continuous Improvement methodologies that have enormous business benefits when implemented correctly. Through implementing these methodologies, things become more organized, professional, and decision making is enhanced.
Basically, these methodologies are strategic business initiatives that result in long term workplace culture and processes improvement. In order to get it functioning to a high degree of productivity in the workplace, there are many ‘dos and don’ts to take into account.
When it comes to implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies, here are some things that a business should do.
- Ask a serious question about why LSS is needed in the workplace and why the business wants it to be there.
- Make sure the whole management and executive team are on board and fully supportive of LSS.
- Have a strong plan for deployment and make sure the objectives and burning platform are crystal clear.
- Establish a way to formally select projects so that you make sure you choose the right one for LSS.
- Ensure there is support provided for on the job workers.
- Have impeccable communication at all levels to avoid any mishaps.
- Set up a space for deployment reviews so that feedback can be given at different stages.
As for what not to do when implementing and setting up a Continuous Improvement program, avoid some of these top problems that may occur.
- Don’t launch it until there is a solid and realistic plan in place.
- Don’t get staff to undertake the training just so that they can ‘tick the boxes’, it needs to be useful and practical.
- It should be a long term investment, not just a ‘flavor of the month’ type thing in the workplace.
- Statistics are important but do not get too caught up in crunching numbers. Rather, let CI/ LSS grow in a more organic way.
For more information on skills that will help to transform your organisation, check out our Lean Training, Six Sigma Training, Lean Six Sigma Training, Continuous Improvement Training or the full range of Training Courses.