Statistical Process Control Training
Statistical Process Control (SPC), an important tool for Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement. It is the use of statistically based methods to evaluate a process or its output to achieve or maintain a state of control. This course will provide participants with an understanding of some of the fundamental concepts behind SPC charts with the intention to guide participants towards more effective utilisation of the charts. The course will illustrate the benefits of monitoring a process in real-time for problem-solving, improvement and ongoing management.
The course is applicable to a wide range of business process situations where data is used to understand the performance of both manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes.
Duration: 2 Days
Quality technicians, continual improvement practitioners, laboratory personnel, engineers and team leaders who are involved in setting-up and interpreting control charts and computing capability indices, and personnel who need to understand the principles and terminology in order to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and other personnel.
The objective of this course is to enable participants to understand the fundamentals and applications of SPC Charting. The course will discuss the implementation of SPC Charting and emphasize the use of SPC charts to monitor processes, provide advance warning of process or tool problems and the interpretation of control chart patterns.
- Statistical Thinking Concepts
- The Need for Operational Improvement
- The Overall Statistical Thinking Approach
– All Work Occurs in a System of Interconnected Processes
– Variation Exists in All Processes
– Understanding and Reducing Variation are Keys to Success
- Measures of Location and Variability
– Standard Deviation
– The Normal Distribution
– Common and Special Causes
- Variables and Attributes Control Charts
– Principles of SPC Charts
– X-Bar and R charts
– X-Bar and S charts
- Implementing and Interpreting Control Chart Patterns
– Data Gathering Techniques
– Interpretation for Process Control (Special emphasis)
- Process Stability vs Process Capability (Special emphasis)
Contact us now and our friendly customer service consultants will be in touch with you to design the best training and consulting solution that is tailored to your requirements.
Check out our Lean Training, Six Sigma Training, Lean Six Sigma Training, Continuous Improvement Training or the full range of Training Courses for relevant courses on how to streamline & improve your business processes.