Safe Management Officer Course
Target Audience: All appointed Safe Management Officer (SMO)
Duration: 0.5 Days
Under the requirements for Safe Management Measures at the workplace after Circuit Breaker period issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM), all companies operating in Singapore are required to appoint Safe Management Officer (SMO) to assist in the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the Safe Management Measures system at the workplace.
This practical short course is designed to help Safe Management Officers (SMOs) understand their roles and responsibilities and how they can assist in implementing and maintaining an effective Safe Management Measures (SMM) system.
- Overview of Covid 19 (Temporary Measures) Control Measures regulations
- Understanding Safe Management Measures (SMM)
- Understanding Regulatory requirements
- Roles and responsibility of Safe Management Officer (SMO)
- Understanding the duties of the SMO :
- Coordinating implementation of Safe Management Measures: This includes identifying relevant risks, recommending and assisting in implementing measures to mitigate the risks, and communicating the measures to all personnel working in the workplace.
- Conducting inspections and checks: Officer(s) must conduct inspections and checks to ensure compliance at all times. Any non-compliance found during the inspections should be reported and documented.
- Remedying non-compliance: Immediate action should be taken to remedy any non-compliance found during the inspections and checks.
- Keeping records of inspections and checks: Records of the inspections and checks conducted and corrective actions taken must be kept and made available upon request by a Government Inspector.
- How to manage and maintain SMM records effectively
- How to conduct an effective SMM audit
- How to follow up on SMM audit
Safe Management Measures Checklist
Requirements for Safe Management Measures at the workplace after Circuit Breaker period
Safe Management Measures for the Manufacturing Sector
Safe Management Measures for Customer-Facing Operations
Safe Management Measures for Transportation
Contact us now to register for the Safe Management Officer Course ( SMO Course), or to find out more about how we can help you to develop and implement a practical Safe Management Measures system that complies with the regulatory requirements, tailored to your requirements, practical and easy to implement. We look forward to hearing from you.