The PDCA Cycle or Deming Cycle is a continuous quality improvement model consisting of four repetitive phases and seven steps for continuous improvement and learning: Plan, Do, Check and Act. It both emphasises and demonstrates that improvement programs must start with careful planning, must result in effective action, and must move on again to careful planning in a continuous cycle.
The PDCA Cycle diagram can be used in team meetings to take stock of what stage improvement initiatives are at, and to choose the appropriate tools to see each stage through to successful completion. Continuous improvement using the PDCA cycle reinforces the necessity to look beyond the superficial when attempting to discover real causes of operational problems so that they can be permanently eliminated. The goal is to identify the root cause of a problem so effective and permanent countermeasures/corrective continuous improvement action can be identified and implemented.
This 1-day PDCA training course will show the use of the PDCA Cycle to coordinate continuous improvement and root cause analysis efforts.
Duration: 1 day
Personnel involved with process improvement, team members or individuals supporting continuous improvement programmes from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors.
Participants will learn about:
- The different steps in the PDCA cycle
- How to apply the steps to solve real world problems
- The tools and techniques for PDCA
- Standardising the method of problem identification
- Applying root cause analysis to recurring issues
- Implementing practical solutions
- Evaluating results
- Introducing or revising work methods to prevent recurrence
- The PDCA Continuous Improvement Cycle
- Applying the PDCA Steps
- Tools and Techniques for PDCA
- Overview of the 7 QC Tools
- Symptoms vs. root causes
- Performing root cause analysis
- Implementing verifiable solutions
- Publishing results and initiating controls
- Hands-on Workshop
Contact us now and our friendly customer service consultants will be in touch with you to design the best training / consulting solution that is tailored to your requirements.
You may be interested to explore our full range of Continuous Improvement Training programmes.