Passion At Work Training
Unleash the Passion At Work and Full Potential Of Your Team Through Mindset Change
When people are passionate about their work, it creates a presence in their lives, they enjoy a heightened sense of experience. They become an active participant at work rather than a passive observer. They perform better by others’ estimations and become happier on their own. When they are happier with what they are doing, they accomplish a lot more that will even surprise themselves.
Passion cannot be taught – it can only be inspired. To become more passionate at work, staff must adopt new perspectives, mindsets and attitudes and replace some of their existing viewpoints with more effective mental maps. This course is a enabler for the personal transformation and mindset change that will unleash passion to peak performance at work.
This 1-day course provides the skills to delegates to be self-aware, be inspired, self-motivated and reduce the interference that gets in their way to maximize their potential at work. This course provides opportunities for experiential learning in a highly participative environment. Delegates will witness demonstrations on altering unresourceful states and self-coaching. There will be class discussions, role-plays and structured exercises.
Duration: 1 Day
Managers, Executives and Support Staff from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors.
- Learning that passion is an emotion that comes from the heart rather than the head
- Understanding that self-mastery is key to achieving what they want at work
- Learning techniques to challenge negative internal dialogue and overcome limiting beliefs to peak perform
- Enhancing skills to improve relationships and modify behaviours
- Learning useful techniques to remain resourceful at work
- Understanding emotions and the power of beliefs
- Managing states, exploring thinking patterns and reflecting on behaviours
- Improving relationships, building instant rapport with people
- Questioning techniques to challenge negative internal dialogues
- The worst enemy is inside us – A self-coaching technique
- Learning to be optimistic and overcoming limiting beliefs
- Structured exercise to analyze beliefs
- Identifying own stressors and learning quick stress relief techniques
- Tapping on personal drives, being inspired at work
- The global working environment and how does it look like to you
- Are you doing a job or working on a career?
- Readiness to face change, looking at situations from different view points
- Thinking right and feeling good at the workplace, motivating yourself
- Individual branding, how do you want others to see you?
You may be interested to explore our Soft Skills Training programmes.