Critical Success Factors
The following are some key critical success factors for successful Six Sigma implementation:
Critical Success Factor – Management Support & Engagement
- Visible, consistent support and an active role in communication and reward.
- Assuring linkage of Six Sigma to corporate strategies.
- Clear prioritisation (relative to other initiatives, programmes and priorities).
- Requiring the use of facts and data to support actions at all levels of decision-making.
- Creating accountabilities, expectations, roles and responsibilities for the organisation.
- Conducting and attending regular reviews to assure and verify progress.
Critical Success Factor – Holistic Communications Plan
- Creation and communication of a Human Resources plan to support Six Sigma roles.
- Regular written communications on Six Sigma news and successes.
- Development and dissemination of communication aids to management.
- Advocating and creating a “common language” based on Six Sigma.
- Communicating pertinent facts about Six Sigma in every company meeting.
Critical Success Factor – Projects Planning & Management
- Establish a documented 1-year Six Sigma project inventory (and refresh regularly).
- Assure linkage of Six Sigma projects to critical business and customer needs.
- Establish projects of appropriate scope and size (significant savings & achievable).
- Assign a Champion and Black Belt to each project (and hold them accountable).
- Implement a project tracking system to facilitate replication and reuse.
Check out our Six Sigma Training, Lean Training, Lean Six Sigma Training, Continuous Improvement Training or the full range of Training Courses for relevant courses on how to streamline & improve your business processes.