ISO 9001 Internal Quality Audit (IQA) Training
ISO 9001 Internal Quality Audit Training
(With Live Audit)
Internal auditing is fundamental to any quality improvement initiative. The ISO 9001 standard requires that an organisation conduct internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of its quality management system. Trained auditors must carry out these audits. However, most internal quality audits carried out provide little quality improvement benefits and are conducted merely for compliance.
The ISO 9001 Internal Quality Audit training course focuses on auditing ISO 9001 for real quality improvement. This course is designed to increase the understanding of auditing techniques and help participants to accurately interpret and audit against the ISO 9001 requirements for improvement.
Through group exercises and case studies, participants will gain the knowledge and skills to plan and conduct effective internal quality audits, report audit findings clearly and undertake effective follow-up audit on corrective actions taken so as to ensure continual improvement.
There will be a good balance between sharing of practical auditing concepts and hands-on sessions to ensure that participants can internalise the auditing skills learnt and put them to practice in the shortest time possible.
Duration: 2 Days
Personnel involved in conducting internal quality audits from both the manufacturing and service(including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and apply the proper interpretation of the ISO 9001 standard in actual internal audit situations
- Understand the importance of internal auditing within a quality management system
- Understand the responsibilities of internal auditors
- Plan and conduct an effective internal quality audit
- Manage the audit process including the opening and closing meetings, reporting and follow-up
- Collect and analyse evidence objectively
- Evaluate and report the results of an internal audit
- Review of the Requirements of ISO 9001
- Basic Principles of an Effective Quality Management System
- Process Approach and PDCA Cycle
- The Requirements and Benefits of Internal Quality Audits
- Differences between Process Based Auditing and Compliance Auditing
- Planning and Conducting Effective Internal Quality Audits
- Disciplines and Methodology
- The Auditing Tool Kit
- Audit Preparation
- Exercise on audit plan and checklist
- Audit execution
- Interviewing techniques
- Gathering audit evidence
- Case study on conduct of audit
- Evaluating Audit Results
- Reporting the Audit
- How to Report Audit Findings with Clarity and Initiate Corrective Actions
- Exercise on Writing Clear and Concise Non-conformance Reports
- Post Audit Follow-up Activities
- How to Ensure Continual Improvement through Effective Follow-up Audits
- Live Audit
- Course Summary
Day 1 of the training will be a combination of lectures and practical exercises for the participants to acquire the skills of internal quality auditing.
Day 2 of the training will be the practical live internal quality audit.