Lean Six Sigma Project Selection
A holistic business initiative, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a way to improve the workplace at all angles. Implementing it brings about cultural change and enhances productivity, resulting in an ultimate shift in the success of a business.
Part of the deployment and implementation of LSS is selecting the right projects for it to be used with. The right project leads to the right focus on a goal, which will have positive benefits and outcomes for customers and stakeholders in the long run.
There are many factors that influence the project selection for LSS. First and foremost, a project needs to have good returns on investment selection and strive to improve these. For this to work, the right project needs to have visible and achievable outcomes within a certain time frame. The overall objective of a LSS project is to have process become simpler for the employees so that they don’t become a burden. In turn, this makes things easier to deliver to customers and clients.
Some ways to ensure that you are selecting the right project for implementation are to consider the following criteria:
- An area of focus that improves efficiency and reduces time wasted in achieving goals.
- A feasible project that has a positive cost-benefit analyse to ensure real-time outcomes will suffice.
- A stable process that does not need to go through any major structural change to implement it successfully.
- Available and reliable data to measure the process metrics of the project.
- An appropriate cost-benefit number to ensure that there will be benefits from the outcome of the project.
- A project timeline to keep the project running in a timely manner, something that has objectives and targets to meet along the way.
- Team availability so that there is plenty of hands-on decks to support the project.
For more information on skills that will help to transform your organisation, check out our Lean Training, Six Sigma Training, Lean Six Sigma Training, Continuous Improvement Training or the full range of Training Courses.