Emotional Intelligence for Customer Service Training
Current interest in emotional intelligence has raised the question of whether it is possible to improve the emotional competence of customer service employees. Research in training and development and behaviour changes suggests that it is possible. Strong evidence highlights the enormous impact that high emotional intelligence can have in a customer service environment.
When comparing top performers with average performers it has been found that nearly 90% of the difference in their abilities can be attributed to emotional intelligence factors. While IQ and technical skills are important, research clearly shows that emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ‘X’ factor.
This 1-day Emotional Intelligence for Customer Service training is a highly interactive workshop with exercises, role plays and experiential learning methods used alongside the delivery of important concepts in emotional intelligence. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to apply the acquired EQ skills at their customer service workplace.
Duration: 1 Day
Customer-facing and supervisory level customer service staff from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors
- Provide an understanding of the important concepts in emotional intelligence
- Enable participants to develop the following 5 key EQ competencies for peak performance in customer service:
- Behavioural analysis
- Thinking and expectations
- Happiness through personal motivation
- Introduction to emotional intelligence and its impact on customer service
- Assessing your strength and development needs in EQ
- Knowing your behavioural patterns in customer service and exploring ways to modify behaviours to enhance performance
- What drives emotions? Understanding the consequences of thinking and expectation that helps build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Learning to be optimistic and making a positive impact in your workplace
- Choosing to be happy and knowing how the customer service environment will help you make this right choice
- Increasing your influence on your customers and colleagues by developing empathy skills
You may be interested to explore our Soft Skills Training programmes.