Workplace Layout Training
Many organisations are challenged with older facilities with traditional layouts resulting in excessive material handling, flow problems and additional costs.
This 1-day course will teach participants how they can improve the layout of old or new facilities to maximise flow and minimise wasteful activities such as movement and motion.
The results achieved by applying Lean workplace and facilities layout are:
- Improved flow
- Reduced material handling and costs
- Increased Productivity
- Improvements in safety and quality
- Reduction in floor space required
- Reduction in lead time and turn around time
Duration: 1 Day
Managers, operational and support staff.
The course will enable participants to understand:
- The concept of waste in the workplace, including waste resulting from poor workplace layout
- The benefits of workplace planning and layout
- The different layout configurations and their advantages and limitations
- Workplace layout re-design concepts and techniques
- How to implement a Kaizen Event for workplace layout
- How to monitor and measure improvements of new layouts
- Concept of 8 forms of waste in the workplace
- Waste as a result of poor workplace layout
- Benefits of workplace planning and layout
- Review of various layout configurations, advantages and limitations
- Foundational concepts and techniques for workplace layout re-design:
- Process Flow Charts
- Traditional and Lean Layouts
- Focus Factory Concepts
- Connecting Disconnected Processes
- Cellular Layout Design
- Single Piece Flow
- Operations Balancing
- Standardised Work
- Implementing new layout through Kaizen Event
- Monitoring and measuring the improvements resulting from new layouts
- Hands-on Workshop
Kaizen Consulting Group
Tel: (65) 68484109
When making an enquiry by phone, please leave your name, company name, email address and contact number for us to respond to you. Your email address is important as it allows us to send an email to you when we cannot reach you by phone.
We respect your privacy and all information will be kept strictly confidential. We will not share or trade your contact information with any third parties.