Value Stream Mapping VSM Training
Learn how to identify non-value adding activities and waste in your organization through our Value Stream Mapping training. Value Stream Mapping is a Lean tool within the Lean Toolbox. Check out our VSM training to learn how value stream maps can be used for identifying and prioritizing continuous process improvement projects that will bring tremendous benefits to your organization.
Value Stream Mapping is a powerful visualization tool to see and understand the flow of material and information as a product or service makes its way through the value stream, and to identify the non-value adding activities and waste present within the organisation. The mapping process results in a detailed overview of the production or service delivery flow and focuses attention on Lean concepts and the application of Lean methods enabling targeted Kaizen activities.
Participants will learn how to map the current state of a product or process, analyse the flow of the product or process to identify where improvements can be made, and then map a future state based on using Lean processes to eliminate waste. This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to undertake value stream mapping to eliminate waste in their organisation’s processes and to use value stream maps as a basis for identifying and prioritizing future Lean improvement projects that will bring real benefits to the process flow.
Duration: 3 Days
All personnel directly involved with the Lean initiative from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors
- To understand the importance of focusing on the value stream
- To understand the concept of organisational value and waste
- To understand the importance of value stream mapping in improving business performance
- To learn structured methods for conducting value stream mapping including Current and Future State mapping
- To practice skills at applying these methods
- To learn how to achieve the Future State with the Value Stream Plan
- Introduction to Organisational Value, Waste, Value adding and non-value adding activities
- Application of Value Stream Mapping in Waste Identification and Lean Implementation
- Overview of Value Stream Mapping Principles and Methodology
- Mapping tools and symbols
- Value stream mapping – Current State
- Hands-on Mapping Session
- Analysing the Current State
- Value Stream Mapping – Future State
- Hands-on Mapping Session
- Achieving the Future State
- Using Value Stream Maps to Identify Lean Improvement Projects
- Prioritising and Selecting Lean Projects
- Developing a Lean Roadmap
Kaizen Consulting Group
Tel: (65) 68484109
When making an enquiry by phone, please leave your name, company name, email address and contact number for us to respond to you. Your email address is important as it allows us to send an email to you when we cannot reach you by phone.
We respect your privacy and all information will be kept strictly confidential. We will not share or trade your contact information with any third parties.