Poka Yoke Training
(Error Proofing Training)
Preventing errors before they happen is one of the simplest methods that can help an organization reach its quality goals, improve efficiency, and decrease costs. Error proofing, also known as mistake proofing or Poka Yoke, refers to techniques that make it impossible to make mistakes. Error Proofing techniques can drive defects out of products and processes and substantially improve quality and reliability. Error proofing involves innovative thinking coupled with a solid understanding of forced control, shutdown, warning, and sensory alert techniques and strategies.
This 1-day error proofing course is highly effective in helping organisations reduce and even eliminate product or process defects. This course will teach participants how to implement an error proofing system. Participants will learn how and why the system works, as well as how error proofing can help in problem solving.
Duration: 1 Day
Managers, operational and support staff from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the different error proofing techniques
- Gain knowledge in applying mistake proofing techniques to reduce and eliminate defects
- Learn practical methods to reduce the high cost of non-quality
- Gain a working knowledge of the tools to effectively implement error proofing
- Introduction to Error Proofing
- Why Errors are Made
- Inspecting vs Error Proofing
- How Error Proofing Works
- Approaches to Error Proofing
- Error Proofing Devices
- Integrating Error Proofing and Problem Solving
- Practical, Feasible and Cost Effective Solutions
- How to Keep Solutions from Being Overridden
- Complementary Tools
- Applications of Mistake Proofing in Different Operations/Processes
Kaizen Consulting Group
Tel: (65) 68484109
When making an enquiry by phone, please leave your name, company name, email address and contact number for us to respond to you. Your email address is important as it allows us to send an email to you when we cannot reach you by phone.
We respect your privacy and all information will be kept strictly confidential. We will not share or trade your contact information with any third parties.