Lean Thinking Training
Errors, bottlenecks, inefficient process flow, lack of information, duplication of effort and non value added process steps, all impede flow in the value chain of an organisation. Lean (also known as Toyota Production System or TPS) uses a variety of tools focusing on the elimination or reduction of these process issues. These tools target improvements in quality, process reliability, workplace organisation, process set-up time and streamlining work flows.
Lean is about creating more value for customers by eliminating activities that are considered waste. Any activity or process that consumes resources, adds cost or time without creating value becomes the target for elimination. One of the important aspects of Lean is the focus on system-level improvements versus point improvements. It is the system-level work that can dramatically improve a company’s bottom line results. This knowledge, combined with the understanding of how to remove waste properly, is critical for any successful Lean implementation.
This introduction to Lean thinking will provide participants with a clear understanding of the fundamental Lean principles, and an overview of Lean tools.
Duration: 2 Days
All personnel directly involved with the Lean initiative from both the manufacturing and service (including banking and finance, logistics, healthcare, government and public service) sectors.
- To introduce the concept and principles of Lean
- To highlight the importance of waste elimination in an organisation
- To illustrate the importance of creating organisational enablers for Lean implementation
- To show how Lean impacts the bottom line
- Provide a “kick-off” to the Lean journey
- Lean Principles and Lean Thinking Deployment
- Aligning Lean with Business / Strategic Objectives
- Waste Identification and Elimination
- Overview of Lean Tools
- Organising the Operations to Meet Customer Demand Rate
- The Relationship between Quality and Lean
- Effective Strategies for Lean Implementation
- Aligning Lean Projects Selection with Business Objectives
Kaizen Consulting Group
The Leader in Lean Six Sigma Training, Certification & Consulting
Tel: (65) 68484109
When making an enquiry by phone, please leave your name, company name, email address and contact number for us to respond to you. Your email address is important as it allows us to send an email to you when we cannot reach you by phone.
We respect your privacy and all information will be kept strictly confidential. We will not share or trade your contact information with any third parties.