Lean for Office and Administration Training
Lean Office (also known as Kaizen Office) training is a critical but often neglected element to the successful Lean implementation in a Lean enterprise. Lean management is not just about streamlining factory floor processes, it is about streamlining the business as a whole and a major part of the business is the office and administrative related processes.
Application of Lean in an office / administration environment is similar to work done on the shop floor, in manufacturing. The distinction between the two worlds has been the difficulty in “seeing” work in an office.
This 2-day training will provide participants with a clear understanding of the fundamental principles behind Lean in an office and administrative environment. During the course, common Lean improvement tools and techniques will be identified and the class will discuss how best to apply these techniques from a Lean system perspective. Different types of waste will be defined from a Lean point of view and successful methods used to eliminate waste will be discussed. The course will also discuss other key factors within an organisation necessary to sustain Lean. Exercises will be used to surface concepts and Lean applications during the course.
Duration: 2 Days
All office and administration personnel directly involved with the Lean initiative
The course will:
- Introduce the concept of Lean Office
- Enable participants to learn how to identify waste and waste elimination opportunities in the office and administration environment
- Enable participants to plan a practical route for the implementation of Lean in the office
- Lean Principles and how to deploy Lean Thinking in the office
- Various forms of Waste employees should learn to ‘see’ in the office to eliminate the waste
- Selection of Business Process families and Value Streams
- Organising operations to meet customer demand
- The relationship between quality and turnaround time, the Lean quality approach
- Checking at Source, Immediate Feedback and Mistake Proofing to prevent errors
- Making Business Processes flow
- Business Process Connections
- Batch and Queue versus Single-Piece Flow
- Implementing Single-Piece flow
- Workload balancing and Work Area Design
- FIFO processing, how FIFO surfaces issues in a process
- Setup Times in relation to business processes and interruptions
- The benefits of Pull versus Push system
- Signaling systems
- Example implementations of Pull
- Planned Flexing and the use of Buffer and Safety Resources
- Creating Virtual Cells and Work Flow Cycles in the office
- Leveling demand and Leveling the Mix of ‘Services’ provided, establishing the Operations Cycle Interval
- Organising the Workspace for better productivity (5S)
- The use of Visual Management and why use Immediate Feedback
- Implementing Lean and organising for the Rapid Projects
- Introduction to Value Stream Mapping for the office
Kaizen Consulting Group
Tel: (65) 68484109
When making an enquiry by phone, please leave your name, company name, email address and contact number for us to respond to you. Your email address is important as it allows us to send an email to you when we cannot reach you by phone.
We respect your privacy and all information will be kept strictly confidential. We will not share or trade your contact information with any third parties.